The RCOA Silver Jubilee
SOCIAL MEDIA & 3rd #FOAMed FILM FESTIVAL
‘Innovations in Education’
September 22nd 2017 | Nottingham Conference Centre
Call for Film Festival Submissions
The deadline for film festival submissions is 2nd September 2017
We are very proud to announce that this year the #FOAMed Film Festival has been selected as one of the RCOA’s silver jubilee events and as such, will host it’s very own meeting, integrating the Film Competition with a day of updates of education through social media and films. It promises to be a day both for those accustom to and new to social media.
Medical students, trainees, clinical fellows, and consultants are all now encouraged to collaborate and submit films. Films should be around 5mins (no more than 8) and in the context of education in anaesthesia, intensive care, pain or pre-hospital emergency medicine.
We ask that submissions be categorised to fit into one of three broad areas:-
- Medical Student Education
- Trainee Education
- Post-FRCA / Consultant Education
As such, suggestions for topics could be:-
- Key Anaesthesia Topics for Primary or Final FRCA
- Any area from the RCOA CPD Matrix (all Levels)
- General Welfare Topics relevant to our specialty (ie. ‘Preparing for Consultant Jobs’, ‘Interview/Exam Success’, ‘Financial Tips’, ‘Career Guidance’)
- Case Based Learning* and Improvement
- Systems Based Practice and Quality Improvement Projects
- Anaesthesia for Medical Students
A prize will be awarded for the most educationally entertaining submission!
A selection of the winning and short-listed films shall be showcased throughout the day at Nottingham Conference Centre on the 22nd September 2017. Suitable film submissions will be archived at our website www.foamfilmfest.com to benefit everyone’s ongoing education.
Please share this announcement with your colleagues. We sincerely look forward to seeing you in the audience and on the stage in September.
Happy Vlogging! From The Project Team